Terms & Conditions
Company registration details
John Proctor Travel Limited
Registered in England number 2374770
Registered Office Address:
Mott MacDonald House, 8-10 Sydenham Road Croydon, Surrey CR0 2EE United Kingdom.
VAT registration number: GB 550146864
John Proctor Travel Limited is a member of Mott MacDonald Group Limited who’s details are as follows:
Mott MacDonald Group Limited
Registered in England: Number 1110949
Registered office Address:
Mott MacDonald House, 8-10 Sydenham Road Croydon, Surrey CR0 2EE United Kingdom
VAT registration number: GB 523 7656 36
Terms and conditions
All use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. By entering and using this site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
AGENCY TERMS OF BUSINESS
1. CONTRACT: These are the terms on which we (John Proctor Travel Ltd, company number 02374770, whose registered office is at Mott MacDonald House, 8-10 Sydenham Road, Croydon, Surrey CR0 2EE and whose principal office is at 4 Church Street, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1UJ) will make a booking for your travel or holiday requirements. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the principal(s) or other supplier(s) (eg, tour operators/airline/cruise company/accommodation company) named on your receipt(s). We can book you a package holiday, in which case you will have one contract with the principal, or we can book the services that make up your holiday with different principals or suppliers, in which case you will have separate contracts with each of them. Your contract will be with the principal’s(s) or supplier’s(s) and the terms and conditions of those principal(s) / supplier(s) will apply to your booking (“Suppliers Terms”). We advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them. Our Terms of Business are governed by English law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may, however, choose the lay and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
All travel arrangements which we provide or which are sold through us are not an offer by us to sell any travel arrangements, but an invitation to you to make an offer to the suppliers of the arrangements. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it. Only when a supplier has issued confirmation of a booking will a contract for the supply of those travel arrangements be made.
2. FINANCIAL PROTECTION: When you make a booking through us, what you book and how will determine what financial protection is in place. Please read through this section, which explains the different basis on which monies paid for your holiday may be protected against our failure, or that or the suppliers with whom you have booked.
2.1 Other tour operator’s packages: Where you book a package holiday with a tour operator through us, then we act as an agent for those suppliers, who contract with you directly under the Supplier Terms. In this instance, you will receive financial protection from the relevant tour operator for the package you have booked, including any relevant ATOL protection if you have booked a flight-inclusive package. Details of the tour operator’s financial protection mechanisms will be confirmed to you through the booking process.
2.2 Single elements booked through us, acting as agent: Where we book single travel services for you, whether they are protected against financial failure will depend on what you have booked. Where you have booked accommodation or tour services only, this will not have any specific financial protection.
Where we sell a flight to you, if the flight provider is the holder of an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (“ATOL”) granted to it by the Civil Aviation Authority (“CAA”) then, accordingly, should the ATOL holder become insolvent, the CAA shall ensure that you are either refunded the money paid for the flight, or ensure that you are repatriated if you are already abroad.
If we are only providing you with a flight with a flight provider who is not an ATOL holder (for example, the provider of scheduled flights), then we will issue airline tickets in our capacity as an IATA Agent. This means that we will issue you with an airline ticket (under our ticketing authority of that airline) and settle sums payable through our back office systems.
2.3 Flight-plus arrangements booked through us: If we sell to you a flight plus either car hire or accommodation outside of the UK which lasts overnight, this arrangement will be a ‘flight-plus’. Where we sell such arrangements to you, we will be providing you with a flight with a flight provider and accommodation and/or car hire with a hotel or car hire provider. You will be contracting directly with the flight provider, accommodation provider and/or car hire provider (as the case may be) directly under their Supplier Terms, as confirmed to you at the time of booking. However, as we will be selling a ‘flight-plus’ arrangement to you where these elements are sold together on your request for booking, then should the flight provider or any of the other suppliers become insolvent, we shall provide financial protection to you under our ATOL licence for the flight-plus arrangement by either arranging an alternative flight or providing you with a refund of monies paid. The financial protection provided to you under our ATOL licence for the financial failure of the providers does not mean that we will be liable to you for the proper performance of the contract you have with the providers, which will be the provider’s responsibility under the contract with you, based on their Supplier Terms. If you have booked a flight-plus arrangement, then this will be confirmed to you at the time of booking and once we have taken payment from you.
3. BOOKING DETAILS: When a booking is made all details will be confirmed back to you. When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have authority to accept (and do accept on behalf of your party) these terms of business, as well as the applicable Supplier Terms. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking with the principal(s) or supplier(s). Your booking will not be confirmed until we send you formal booking confirmation, at which time contract(s) for the provision of the trade arrangements will exist between you and the principal(s) / supplier(s). Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details may incur charges as notified to you. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport.
The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customers and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes.
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT: The price of your travel arrangements will be as confirmed to you at the time of booking and we reserve the right to alter any of the advertised prices for the travel arrangements that you may have seen prior to your booking. You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal(s) or supplier(s) who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Supplier Terms.
5. CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the principal(s) or supplier(s) may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Supplier Terms (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) and you must pay us the cancellation or amendments charge below.
6. INSURANCE: Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses.
7. OUR RESPONSIBILITY: Our responsibility to you is limited to making the booking in line with your instructions. We do not accept responsibility for any information about the travel arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limited our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
8. DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOU: In the event that damage to any property is caused by you in connection with your booking, please be aware that the Suppliers Terms will normally state that your stay can be terminated, with no refund, if the behaviour of your party falls below an acceptable standard. Principals will also often require you to pay for any damage you cause to such property. We are under no obligation to you if any event such as this occurs. You agree to indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made against us by the principal or any third party as a result.
9. DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS: All documents (eg, invoices, tickets, vouchers) that require to be posted will be sent to you by First class post or by email (depending on the type of booking made). Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss (or non-delivery), unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to any charges specified by us being paid.
10. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH: We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and / or Consulates. Neither we nor the principal(s) or supplier(s) accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type
Please ask us for full details.
We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip, but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances.
11. FINAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. Please ask us for details at least 72 hours before your outbound flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
COMPLAINTS: We hope that you do not have any problems with your travel arrangements, however if you wish to complain when you return home, then please let us know and we will assist you as best we can, in order for your complaint to be dealt with by the relevant principal/supplier. Because the contract(s) for your travel arrangements is between you and the principal(s) or supplier(s), any queries or concerns relating to the travel arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the principal/supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to from a principal / supplier may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances.